1. Munroe Bergdorf, a 30-year-old transgender model is now the new equality adviser for the UK’s Labour Party
– She revealed the news on Twitter. Quote: “Thrilled to announce that I’ve been asked to be part of an LGBT+ advisory board for The Labour Party – To advise Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, Dawn Butler MP, on issues affecting the LGBT+ community, to help form and push through fairer and more effective policy change.”
2. Bergdorf is most famous for two things: 1) Being L’Oreal’s first trans model, and 2) being fired only a few days after being hired because she made racist comments
3. In response to the far-right march in Charlottesville a few months ago, she wrote
the following messages:
– On Facebook she wrote the following: “Honestly I don’t have energy to talk about
the racial violence of white people any more. Yes, ALL white people. Because most of y’all don’t even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour. Your entire existence is drenched in racism. From micro-aggressions to terrorism, you guys built the blueprint for this shit.”
4. Other statements from her include the following:
– “Come see me when you realise that racism isn’t learned, it’s inherited and
consciously or unconsciously passed down through privilege. Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth… then we can talk. ‘Until then stay acting shocked about how the world continues to stay fucking at the hands of your ancestors and your heads that remain buried in the sand with hands over your ears.”
5. In response to Bergdorf’s hiring, a spokesperson for Labour MP Dawn Butler said the following: “Dawn is proud to stand with those challenging discrimination. Dawn will consult with the LGBT+ advisory group on a wide-range of LGBT+ issues.”
Munroe Bergdorf grew up in Stanstead Abbotts, Hertfordshire (a county in southern England) into a middle-class family. As you can notice, she is mixed race: her mother was white and her father was afro-Jamaican.
Let me get this straight, Munroe… you are mixed-race and trans, you came from a middle-class family, and you make a living objectifying yourself in a country that is predominantly white. Let me tell you something, bitch… you are the most privileged of the privileged. Your entire life, you have been provided for and the only reason you are having opportunities handed to you is because organizations like the Labour Party love holding up tokens and props for their bullshit social justice agenda.
Now, contrary to what people like Owen Jones say at the Guardian, that free speech advocates are acting like hypocrites when it comes to people like Bergdorf, I actually respect her right to voice and have her opinion without violent or legal repercussion. Because after all, in ten years when her body is used up and the middle part of her nose is gone from repeated drug use, she will have suffered the appropriate consequences for her shitty behavior… and Labour will be picking up the pieces after Corbyn finally kicks the bucket.